IFAJ 2023 - Call for volunteers
As you all know, the 2023 IFAJ Congress will take place in Calgary, Alberta. The three co-chairs are Trevor Bacque, Cole Christensen and Annemarie Pedersen.
For anyone not familiar, here is some background information on the IFAJ co-chairs.
Cole is the president of Cole's Ag Communications, an agri-marketing/communications firm based in Calgary. Cole and I used to work together for a few years, as well.
Annemarie Pedersen is the executive director of AFAC - the Alberta Farm Animal Care Association. She is also an agricultural consultant on many things, but her specialty and vast experience has centred around the beef industry. Annemarie is also based in Calgary.
Trevor Bacque is a freelance journalist and agricultural communications consultant. He also teaches journalism at SAIT Polytechnic in Calgary. He is the current president of the Canadian Farm Writers' Federation.
Consider this the official call for IFAJ 2023 volunteers for those outside of Alberta.
If anyone is interested in helping in any way, please contact us. We would love to get you setup on a committee, and there are many, so please raise your hand.
The committees are as follows:
Pre- and Post-Tours
If there are any subcommittees you think should be added, please let us know. The list is based on our own IFAJ experience and what we believe we need to host a successful Congress.
• Arrival: Wednesday, July 12.
• Boot Camp (Master Class & Young Leaders): Thursday, July 13 to Saturday, July 15
• Pre-tour: Thursday, July 13 to Saturday, July 15
• IFAJ Presidium and IFAJ Executive meetings: Sunday, July 16
• Evening official opening of IFAJ 2023 and reception: Sunday, July 16
• The next three or four days (July 17-20) dedicated to tours, programming, receptions
• Could conclude July 19, which leaves the option for a post-tour to Ag In Motion, July 20.
• There are no rules as to how many days we need to devote to tours, programming. I personally think three is enough.
• Post-tour: Thursday, July 20 or Friday, July 21 to Sunday, July 23
• Depart for home: July 24
• Note, the Calgary Stampede in 2023 runs from Thursday (Sneak-A-Peek, which begins int he evening, July 6) with the official opening Friday, July 7, to Sunday, July 16.
We look forward to hearing from you all. Do not hesitate to reach out to any of us with questions related to the IFAJ. Thanks everyone for taking the time to read this email.
Please, provincial chairs, distribute this email to your local chapters so every single CFWF member has a chance to read and review this email. We would be most grateful for this.
Our contact information:
Trevor Bacque - firstname.lastname@example.org
Cole Christensen - email@example.com
Annemarie Pedersen - firstname.lastname@example.org
Trevor, Cole and Annemarie