Hit us with your best shots.
Enter the 2018 ECFWA Photo Contest.
Are your camera angles as good as your story angles? Then send in your best Canadian agriculture and farm photos to the 2018 ECFWA Photo Contest.
Enter each of your photos under one of three categories:
e.g. farmer and/or farm writers at work, farm family life, harvest, kids on the farm
e.g. farm landscapes,land, farmers markets
e.g. farm machinery and equipment, farm buildings, livestock, crops
Deadline: Send photos by April 30, 2018 to Greta, email@example.com. Send oversized photos via WeTransfer.
Winners will be announced at the ECFWA Annual General Meeting on May 21st, 2018.
Walk away with more in your wallet.
Thanks to our sponsors, cash prizes will be awarded to two runner-ups and one winner in each category: 1st prize: $200 Two runner-ups: $100 each
Meet the guys who’ll be judging your work.
Bryce is a commercial, advertising and editorial photographer based in Western Canada. He has been a professional photographer for 15 years. Bryce’s work has been published in The New York Times and countless magazines and periodicals across North America. Most of Bryce’s ad work is within agriculture with clients that span the industry from egg farmers to BASF. As a retired professional cyclist, Bryce has rediscovered his love of cycling and spends most of his off time riding, hanging out with his wife and his dog, Trapper.
See more of Bryce’s work at www.brycemeyer.com
Lorne is a well-known award winning photographer, writer and videographer who’s been covering Canadian agriculture for over 30 years. While he is based out of a western office in Regina, Saskatchewan and an eastern one in Greenfield Park, Quebec his work as the Canadian field editor for John Deere’s Furrow and Homestead publications allows him to explore farms in Canada from Newfoundland to Vancouver Island. His work has frequently been recognized in both the CFWF’s and the AAEA’s annual award competitions and is one of a handful of people to have been designated as both a Master Photographer and a Master Writer by the American Agricultural Editors Association.
See more of Lorne’s work at http://www.lmcc.ca/
Eligibility and conditions:
1. There is no cost to enter.
2. All members of the ECFWA are eligible to participate.
3. Entrants may submit up to three (3) photos in each category, up to a total of nine (9) photos.
4. Photos should be high-resolution (300 dpi) images in .jpg format.
5. Photos taken after March 1, 2017 are eligible, and must not have been previously entered in the ECFWA photo contest.
6. Entrants and winners allow non-exclusive use of their photos by the ECFWA for the ECFWA website, social media and/or other promotional purposes, without remuneration.
7. By submitting a photo, entrants agree that they hold the copyrights to this photo or have been authorized by the copyright holder(s) to do so.
8. Photos will be judged based on relevance to the theme, visual impact and originality.
9. Overly manipulated photos will not be accepted. This includes adjustments that result in significant changes to hue and/or eliminate/add/rearrange people and/or objects within the frame. Other information should not be visible on the photo itself (photography, agency, publication, etc.).